While staying with my family in Zhuhai, we travelled to Hainan Island. This was my first time visiting Hainan and though it was fun, coming from New Zealand made the sun, blue sky and beach environment less of a novelty.
This is what winter is like in southern China!
Hainan AKA the Hawaii of China
This was a show we saw on Phoenix Island. It consists of water acrobats and the performers do some pretty incredible tricks using jet boats and other water equipment! I highly recommend this spectacle.
Apologies for the blurry and not straight photo. I think I may invest in a tripod…
I’ve been listening to music a lot lately (even more than usual) due to travelling.
So here’s an eclectic list of a few of the many songs that I’ve been listening to…
- Forgiveness- Toby Mac ft. Lecrae
- We Walk on Water- Shonlock
- Hide Your Love Away- Anthem Lights
- Mighty to Save- Hillsong
- Lead me to the Cross- Hillsong
- Anything by Ludovico Einaudi!
- To Your hands- Hannah Henderson
- Growing Pains- Cold Cherry (instrumental and original)
- I’m Saying- Lee Hong Ki (instrumental and original)
- Suddenly- Kim Bo Kyung
- Mal De Amores- Juan Magan
- Te Fuiste de Aquí- Reik
- Creeré- Tercer Cielo
- Let It Go- Idina Menzel
- M.A.A.D City – Kendrick Lamar
- Make It Home- Hoodie Allen ft. Gina Grannis
- Your Girl- Tourist
- This is how we do- Katy Perry
- Now is the Start- A Fine Frenzy
- Bloom- The Paper Kites
- Mermaid- Yuna
- Pursuit of Glory- Jhameel
- Remember the Name- Fort Minor
- Wait for a Minute- Tyga ft. Justin Bieber
- Far Away- Tyga ft. Chris Richardson
- I Lived- One Republic
- Fashion Killa – A$AP Rocky
I’ve always had a fear mice and any rodent for that matter. Last night, while I was in bed watching youtube videos, from the corner of my line of vision I spotted a small black thing. HOW THE HECK DID A MOUSE GET IN OUR HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER? It’s not even the appropriate season for mice to be sneaking into the house… Within seconds of spotting this creature scurrying from its hiding corner, I yelled out “MUMMMMMMMM”. It’s almost an act of fear reflex.
Now, for those who find mice ‘adorable’ and ‘cute’. Do not be fooled. The only mice I like are Mickey and Minnie Mouse. I don’t care how small or supposedly ‘harmless’ they are, the sight of a mouse fills me with (irrational) fear. While I know that we are far more scary to mice than they are to us, I cannot bring myself to overcome this fear. Mice and me are like summer and winter. Not meant to exist in the same hemisphere…